Thursday, September 16, 2010

About Getting a job at 17 with no prior work experience in Long Beach, CA

Getting a job at 17 with no prior work experience in Long Beach, CA.?
I've seen a lot of this type of question, but most of them haven't been very helpful. When I turned 17 it hit me that I only had a year left of being a kid and it freaked me out a little bit. At that time (October) I decided that I should get as much job experience as possible before I turn 18, so that I could have the option of moving out and supporting myself if I needed too (which I would have to if I wasn't going to college). Well, I live in Long Beach, CA and "surprise" I wasn't magically hired within the first month of looking. It's January now, and almost every single place I go tells me that they're not planning on hiring for a while (since they just hired people for seasonal employment). I was hoping that after the holidays a lot of people would quit, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I am working on getting my high school diploma through a home-school like thing that gives me a lot of flexibility time-wise, so I'm willing to work anytime between the opening and closing hours of a store. I've been discouraged lately, because my parents are starting to push me to get a job as well, and are beginning to... give me motivation in their own special way. They've already set up a curfew of 10 every night, taken away my computer access at home (I'm at the library right now). and "forbidden" (that sounds so harsh :P) friends from staying over past 8:00. Well, if anyone has any suggestions please let me know
Food Service - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Culver's minimum hiring age is 14 with a workers permit. I called many stores because I am 14 looking for a job. This was the response they gave which makes me happy after looking for so long. Find a local one go online and apply and go in store to apply or call and ask if they are hiring. What I did was Google a bunch of business near my home and found their numbers using Google maps or their sites and I called and directly asked if they are hiring and what age do they hire at. Try local grocery stores, pizza parlors, retail stores, fast food restaurants.
Read more other entries :

No comments:

Post a Comment