Monday, October 1, 2012

About Am I entitled to a paid holiday

Am I entitled to a paid holiday?
I work Tuesday- Saturday and have Sunday and Monday off, Memorial Holiday is Monday, am I entitled to a paid holiday or to at least get Tuesday off?, I get paid Salary and commission. I work in Long Beach California? What is the law in California in this regard?
Law & Ethics - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I don't know California law but most places just pay you for an extra day if you are scheduled to be off on a Holiday. Maybe even overtime or double time. However being on Salary- as I am, I don't think they are required to do anything- since you are paid the same no matter how many hours you work.
2 :
There are no laws in the US regarding paid holidays for employees of private companies. Whether you get a paid day off is completely up to the employer. You should ask them.
3 :
If you're paid a salary, then no. If you get paid hourly, then maybe, based on the policies of the business you work for. Some businesses provide the day off with pay, some do not. There is no law requiring paid day off. If working on that day, you'll get time-and-a-half, if a full time employee.
4 :
Since you are salary, you get paid whether or not you work. What pay would you expect to get? You cannot get paid commission if you didn't earn it. Companies in all states are not required to pay for holidays, but many do in order to attract employees. This should be addressed in your employee handbook.
5 :
Nope Q. Last week I worked eight hours on the 4th of July holiday, which fell on Wednesday. For the whole week I worked 40 hours. When I got my paycheck this week I was paid for 40 hours at my straight time rate. ArenĂ¢€™t I entitled to extra pay, of at least double time, for working on a holiday? A. There is nothing in state law that mandates an employer pay an employee a special premium for work performed on holidays, Saturdays, or Sundays, other than the overtime premium required for work in excess of eight hours in a workday or 40 hours in a workweek. Unless your employer has a policy or practice of paying a premium rate for working on a holiday, or you are subject to a collective bargaining or employment agreement that contains such a term, your employer is only required to pay you your regular rate of pay for all the straight time hours worked on the holiday, and the overtime premium required for work in excess of eight hours in a workday or 40 hours in a workweek. Since you did not work over eight hours on the holiday, or more than 40 hours during the workweek, you were paid correctly.
6 :
It's all up to your company policy. My bet is you don't get anything extra.
Read more other entries :
About i stay in long beach and to work for the oil...

No comments:

Post a Comment